Nasaline® is a unique, patented, drug-free nasal rinsing system designed by a team of Swedish ENT specialists. It effectively washes away unwanted mucous, crusty secretions or allergens from the nasal cavities with the simple use of saline solution. After a prolonged stay in dry, dusty, or smoky environments, Nasaline® cleans and soothes the nasal passages, reducing nasal irritation and moistening the mucous membranes.
Nasaline® can be used to cleanse and relieve nasal passages affected by:
• Nasal allergies, dryness and hay fever
• Sinus pressure and nasal stuffiness
• Nasal symptoms for cold and flu
• Nasal irritation from occupational and house dust, fumes, dander, grass, pollen, smoke, etc.
• Post-nasal drip and nasal congestion
Who can use Nasaline®?
Anyone 2 years or older can use Nasaline®, unless advised differently by a doctor. Children from ages 2-12 should not use Nasaline® without parental supervision. We suggest Nasaline® Junior, a smaller nasal rinsing unit, for ages 2-12, also used with parental supervision. Consult a doctor if you currently have an ear infection or your nasal passages are completely blocked.
What makes Nasaline® Unique?
Nasaline® consists of two parts: a 60 ml plastic syringe and a patented silicone tip. The channel inside the silicone tip, designed for adults and children, is formed in the shape of an hourglass producing a gentle whirlpool stream when the saline solution enters the nose. Nasaline® allows the user to control the flow and pressure for optimum safety, comfort, and effectiveness, ensuring a soothing and therapeutic experience. It is designed to protect against backflow to avoid the possibility of reinfections if the user stops or slows down during the rinsing process.
Important Facts about the Saline Solution
Use distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 microns), commercially bottled or previously boiled and cooled down water at lukewarm or body temperature to make the saline solution. Empty 1 Nasaline® salt packet (2.5 g) into 240 ml of water. Nasaline® salt has a purity level of 99% or higher and can be purchased at local pharmacies/stores. The saline solution now has the same salt content as the human body (0.9%). This is called a physiological saline solution. If you get a slight stinging sensation in your nose, you may have used too much or too little salt. We recommend that you use iodine-free salt to avoid a possible allergic reaction. We do not recommend using sea salt which may contain algae or pollen.
Three Easy Steps to Nasal Rinse
1. Empty 1 packet of Nasaline® salt (2.5 g) into the mixing cup.
2. Fill the mixing cup to the 240 ml line with distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 microns), commercially bottled or previously boiled and cooled down water at lukewarm or body temperature. Stir to properly mix the saline solution. Extract the saline solution completely into the Nasaline® applicator.
3. Stand (or sit) over a bathroom sink or use in the shower. Put the silicone tip against the nose so that it completely seals the nostril. Breathe normally through the mouth (or say aaaah...) and slowly push the saline solution up into the nostril. A typical nostril rinse lasts 3 to 7 seconds. Refrain from swallowing; when the saline solution reaches the back of the nasal cavities, the palate closes automatically by reflex. The saline fills the nasal cavities and proceeds to pour out the other nostril.
Perform this process twice in each nostril. Use a tissue to blow out any remaining saline in your nose. Some of the saline can remain in the nose and trickle out later. Tilting your head forward and turning side to side immediately after flushing can prevent this.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Nasaline® can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Use two (2) full syringes twice in each nostril per rinsing session. One packet of salt is enough to complete two rinses in each nostril. Rinse once or twice daily or as recommended by your doctor.
Remove the tip, pull out the plunger from the syringe and flush all 3 parts with warm water. The Nasaline® applicator can also be cleaned with a mild dish washing detergent. Dry all 3 parts. Once dry, keep the Nasaline® unit stored with the plunger inserted into the cylinder.
Medical research recommends following the cleaning protocol fully described in these instructions after every use and replacing the device after three months for hygienic and functional purposes. Nasaline’s packaging can be sorted partly for paper recycling and partly for plastic recycling (environment-friendly PET plastic).
• For your safety, do not use tap or faucet water for dissolving the mixture unless it has been previously boiled for five minutes or more
and then cooled to lukewarm or body temperature, as boiling sterilizes the water. Other choices are distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2
micron), reverse osmosis filtered, or commercially bottled water.
• Each device must be used only by one user; do not share this product with others
• Follow the cleaning protocol after each use of the product. Cleaning instructions can be found in the enclosed brochure.
• Replace this device within three months of your first use
• Rinse your nose gently
• Before using this product, you must read detailed warnings in the enclosed brochure or on our website at: www.entpro.com/warnings
Our website will always have up-to-date warnings.
Store in a cool dry place.